covid19 | The Family Dentist
is the practice open during this lockdown time?
We are indeed open and are regarded as an essential service! As much as we would like to cater to your every need, we also want to abide by the laws that the government have put in place to keep all of us safe in this time. These are uncharted waters for all of us and we can only take it one level at a time. At this moment in time, we are open to help with any problems you have with the exception of just doing routine examinations and cleanings. However, we cannot wait to welcome you back with open arms and bright smiles once everything is back to normal!
why can I not come for my routine dental examination and cleaning?
As a dental surgery, we are much more at risk because of a high exposure rate. We work with the mouth directly and especially cleanings generate a lot of aerosol which increases our potential exposure to the virus. We not only have this rule in place to protect ourselves but especially our patients. We cannot unnecessarily expose anyone at this point, We are however very hopeful that when the day comes that we can do cleanings again, that you will be greeted with big smiles and will leave with a minty fresh mouth!
what are the do's and dont's when coming to an appointment?
1. Please come alone to your appointment except in the case of a minor, where one adult can accompany the minor.
We are always happy to see the family when you bring them along to your appointment but we kindly ask that during this time, you will come to your appointment alone. If your child needs to come, they can be accompanied by one adult. We do however look forward to seeing the whole family again after this period!
2. Kindly wait in your car if you are early for your appointment to decrease the amount of people in the practice.
3. Please wear your awesome cloth facemask as instructed by our President until you are in the surgery.
4. If you are feeling sick (even if it is a bad case of the flu), please let us know or reschedule your appointment and we will be happy to see you again once you feel better! 5. Please fill in your COVID-19 questionnaire that will be sent to you via Whatsapp. It only takes a few minutes and ensures that we all protect each other as far as possible.
6. We will have sufficient amounts of sanitiser and handwashing opportunities available, please make use of it as often as you wish.
7. Please be understanding when we take your temperature and ask you COVID-related questions as we are trying to protect you, your family, all our patients and ourselves so that we can keep making you smile!!
what can I do at home to take care of my teeth during this time?
We know that you love brushing, flossing and rinsing so we will just remind you again for in case you have forgotten. Remember to not only Netflix and snack but also brush before bedtime as well as in the morning after breakfast. Floss after movie snacking every night and finish it off by rinsing. Try to decrease your sugar intake and rather replace it with some yummy veggies and fruit.
what if I am unsure whether I can come in or not?
You are ALWAYS welcome to pop us a message, email or give us a call if you are unsure about anything! We will assist in any way possible to make sure that your oral health is in tip top shape.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we would love to hear from you and assist you however possible.